Avocado Pesto

Who doesn't love a perfectly ripe avocado??? If you answered "I don't" then this probably isn't going to work out between us and maybe we should start seeing other people.......A soft avocado is one of life's greatest pleasures; as is pesto: another gift from God and favorite of mine.  So I decided to bring my true loves together and give pesto a MUFA / fiber-filled makeover. I give you, Avocado Pesto. Add some to a bowl of zoodles, spread some on top of grilled chicken or use as a salad dressing alternative. You could also just eat it with a spoon like I end up doing :) Enjoy!

Avocado Pesto 


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup fresh basil
  • 2 large (or 4 small (I love the teeny tiny ones from Trader Joes)
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup pine nuts
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt (regular sea salt is fine)
  • pepper 

Directions: 

  1.  Combine all ingredients in food processor until a creamy consistency is reached. Taste and season to your liking with salt and pepper (You can also combine the ingredients in a bowl and blend with an immersion blender if you don't have a food processor.)

Comments

Popular Posts